Designated as an “All-America County” by the National Civic League, Howard County is one of the nation’s most outstanding places to live, work and play! Howard County has a balanced blend of pastoral farms, historic towns, suburban communities and urban lifestyle. Diversity surrounds you, from Columbia’s world-class shopping mall to Historic Ellicott City’s Main Street, filled with antiques, boutiques and cozy restaurants.
- Road Versus Rails – Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum, Ellicott City Station
- Ellicott’s Mills – Thomas Isaac Log Cabin
- Moving Goods on the National Road – Howard County Living Farm Heritage Museum
- New Lisbon – Lisbon Elementary School
- Simpson and Mt. Gregory Churches – Simpson United Methodist Church
- Poplar Springs – Drover’s Restaurant
- Baltimore City
- Baltimore County
- Howard County
- Carroll County
- Frederick County
- Washington County
- Allegany County
- Garrett County
“Are we there yet”– The quintessential question from all eras and ages from traveling youth.