Board of Directors & Committees
The Maryland National Road Association (MNRA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, member based, organization governed by a dedicated group of volunteers that meet quarterly committed to preserving the history of the Historic National Road in the state of Maryland.
- Virginia Frank, President
- Laura O’Donnell, Secretary
- Janet Davis, Vice President
- Treasurer, Vacant
- John Frank, Past President
- Terry Maxwell, Maryland State Highway Administration
- Marci Ross, Maryland Office of Tourism Development
- Chris Haugh, Tourism Council of Frederick County
- Rachelina Bonnacci, Howard County Office of Tourism & Promotion
- Gateway to Western Maryland Heritage Area
- Deidra Ritchie, Canal Place Heritage Area
- Barbara Buehl, Allegany Department of Tourism
- Elizabeth Shatto, Heart of the Civil War Heritage Area
- Jason Vaughan, Baltimore Heritage Area Association, Inc.
- Dan Spedden, Washington County/Hagerstown Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Bonnie Staub, Carroll County Office of Tourism
- Baltimore County Office of Tourism
Board Member Guidelines
- A Director shall be a Member of the MNRA.
- A Director shall be a Member in good standing according to policies set forth by the Board.
- Directors shall serve for a term of two (2) years.
- Meetings of the Board of Directors shall rotate among the counties and jurisdictions along the Historic National Road.
- Regular meetings of the Board of Directors shall total a minimum of four (4) annually.
- An annual meeting of the general membership will take place in July.
- At each meeting, the Board of Directors shall determine subsequent meeting dates.
Designation of Officers
- The Officers of MNRA shall be a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and any other officers as may be appointed from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Any Member of MNRA and any Member of the Board of Directors may serve as an Officer of MNRA.
- No Member may hold more than one Officer position at any given time.
- The Board of Directors shall elect Officers by a majority vote. The term of each Officer shall be one (1) year.
“The road to hell is paved with adverbs.”– Stephen King