Board of Directors & Committees
The Maryland National Road Association (MNRA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, member based, organization governed by a dedicated group of volunteers that meet quarterly committed to preserving the history of the Historic National Road in the state of Maryland.
- Virginia Frank, President
- Laura O’Donnell, Secretary
- Janet Davis, Vice President
- Treasurer, Vacant
- John Frank, Past President
- Terry Maxwell, Maryland State Highway Administration
- Marci Ross, Maryland Office of Tourism Development
- Chris Haugh, Tourism Council of Frederick County
- Rachelina Bonnacci, Howard County Office of Tourism & Promotion
- Gateway to Western Maryland Heritage Area
- Deidra Ritchie, Canal Place Heritage Area
- Barbara Buehl, Allegany Department of Tourism
- Elizabeth Shatto, Heart of the Civil War Heritage Area
- Jason Vaughan, Baltimore Heritage Area Association, Inc.
- Dan Spedden, Washington County/Hagerstown Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Bonnie Staub, Carroll County Office of Tourism
- Baltimore County Office of Tourism
Board Member Guidelines
- A Director shall be a Member of the MNRA.
- A Director shall be a Member in good standing according to policies set forth by the Board.
- Directors shall serve for a term of two (2) years.
- Meetings of the Board of Directors shall rotate among the counties and jurisdictions along the Historic National Road.
- Regular meetings of the Board of Directors shall total a minimum of four (4) annually.
- An annual meeting of the general membership will take place in July.
- At each meeting, the Board of Directors shall determine subsequent meeting dates.
Designation of Officers
- The Officers of MNRA shall be a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and any other officers as may be appointed from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Any Member of MNRA and any Member of the Board of Directors may serve as an Officer of MNRA.
- No Member may hold more than one Officer position at any given time.
- The Board of Directors shall elect Officers by a majority vote. The term of each Officer shall be one (1) year.
“To know after absence the familiar street and road and village and house is to know again the satisfaction of home.”– Hal Borland